Innovation has allowed the fields of dentistry and periodontics to continuously improve for safer, more effective treatment. Dr. George D. Pylant, III has invested in extensive dental technology at his practice in Bedford, TX, to ensure patients receive the highest quality care available. By integrating these valuable tools, Dr. Pylant has streamlined many of his procedures, in particular, soft tissue grafting and dental implant treatment. State-of-the-art technology not only allows for more comfortable treatment, but a more efficient process overall.
Advanced Systems & Techniques
Our office is equipped with a diverse range of Straumann® USA hardware and software developed by Dental Wings, which are combined to create exceptional results.
Dental Implant Workflow
As a skilled periodontist, Dr. Pylant performs dental implant procedures that integrate sophisticated technology, creating an efficient process yielding lifelike, durable restorations. We use CARES® Digital Solutions, a collection of dental equipment that works together for a seamless workflow.
- DWOS Synergy
- A comprehensive software, DWOS Synergy allows Dr. Pylant to identify the proper placement of implant posts and design well-fitting prosthetics. Because planning occurs before the surgery, in many cases, patients do not have to wear removable temporary retainers.
- Intraoral Scanner
- Using an intraoral scanner allows us to take digital impressions for a much more comfortable and efficient experience than traditional methods. Impressions are crucial for dental implants and will be used to plan treatment and to create your prosthesis.
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanner
- Creating digital x-rays is more convenient for both the doctor and patient with low-radiation and high-quality 3D-imaging.
- 3D Printer
- This device can be used in several aspects of your treatment including to create drill guides, prosthetic models, and more.
- Dental Wings coDiagnostiX
- This planning software allows Dr. Pylant to strategically prepare for your dental implant procedure. It also aids in the design of surgical drill guides, allowing for predictable results that are highly accurate.
Improved Preliminary Procedures
- Piezeotome Instrumentation
- Often, dental implant patients lack sufficient bone tissue to support the posts. The doctor can use this gentle tool to aid in sinus lift procedures and extractions in preparation for dental implants.
Tools & Techniques for Periodontal Care
- Ultrasonic Scaler
- Gum disease treatment is important not only to your overall health but it is often necessary for other types of procedures. This scaler's vibrations enable the doctor to remove plaque and tartar with minimal discomfort.
- Growth Factors
- We offer two growth factors, Straumann® Emdogain® and Osteohealth® GEM21S®, which can reduce swelling and pain, as well as decrease healing time while supporting soft and hard tissue development.
- Acellular Dermal Matrix
- This regenerative technique can be used in soft tissue grafting to treat recession, supplement tissue around dental implants, and more.
Benefits of Digital Dentistry
Dr. Pylant personally completes every stage of the digital implant workflow in-office. As a result, he has an exceptionally high rate of success for his surgical guides and dental implant procedures. This is due to the predictable, reproducible process made possible through comprehensive technology. Digital dentistry has improved his overall practice as it is easy to use, reduces treatment time, yields accurate results, and creates a better patient experience.
Implementing the latest technology allows us to provide reliable solutions, excellent service, and personalized patient care.
More Accurate, Effective Solutions
For over 25 years, Dr. Pylant has been consistently growing his services and skill set to offer patients lasting solutions. Learn more about how dental technology can improve your treatment by contacting us online or calling us at (817) 577-1077.